vaken

Vakencorner

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To Post

Helen Thomas Asks President Bush Why He Went to War

See User information
HELEN THOMAS:
I'd like to ask you, Mr. President, your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, wounds of Americans and Iraqis for a lifetime. Every reason given, publicly at least, has turned out not to be true. My question is, why did you really want to go to war? From the moment you stepped into the White House, from your Cabinet -- your Cabinet officers, intelligence people, and so forth -- what was your real reason? You have said it wasn't oil -- quest for oil, it hasn't been Israel, or anything else. What was it?

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH:
I think your premise, in all due respect to your question and to you as a lifelong journalist, is that, you know, I didn't want war. To assume I wanted war is just flat wrong, Helen, in all due respect --

HELEN THOMAS:
Everything --

Hold on for a second, please.

HELEN THOMAS: -- everything I've heard --

Excuse me, excuse me. No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true. My attitude about the defense of this country changed on September the 11th. We -- when we got attacked, I vowed then and there to use every asset at my disposal to protect the American people. Our foreign policy changed on that day, Helen. You know, we used to think we were secure because of oceans and previous diplomacy, but we realized on September the 11th, 2001, that killers could destroy innocent life. And I'm never going to forget it. And I'm never going to forget the vow I made to the American people that we will do everything in our power to protect our people.

Part of that meant to make sure that we didn't allow people to provide safe haven to an enemy. And that's why I went into Iraq -- hold on for a second --

HELEN THOMAS:
They didn't do anything to you or to our country.

Look -- excuse me for a second, please. Excuse me for a second. They did. The Taliban provided safe haven for al-Qaeda. That's where al-Qaeda trained --

HELEN THOMAS: I'm talking about Iraq --

Helen, excuse me. That's where -- Afghanistan provided safe haven for al-Qaeda. That's where they trained. That's where they plotted. That's where they planned the attacks that killed thousands of innocent Americans.

I also saw a threat in Iraq. I was hoping to solve this problem diplomatically. That's why I went to the Security Council; that's why it was important to pass 1441, which was unanimously passed. And the world said, ‘Disarm, disclose, or face serious consequences’ --

HELEN THOMAS:
-- go to war --

-- and therefore, we worked with the world, we worked to make sure that Saddam Hussein heard the message of the world. And when he chose to deny inspectors, when he chose not to disclose, then I had the difficult decision to make to remove him. And we did, and the world is safer for it.

Neo: Yeh right!

Källa: http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/03/22/150252

Posted on: 2006/3/22 19:57
 Top  Twitter  Facebook  Google Plus  Linkedin  Del.icio.us  Digg  Reddit  Mr. Wong 

Re: Helen Thomas Asks President Bush Why He Went to War

See User information
There you go. He didnt want to go to war.

So now we know

Posted on: 2006/3/23 17:25
 Top  Twitter  Facebook  Google Plus  Linkedin  Del.icio.us  Digg  Reddit  Mr. Wong 

Re: Helen Thomas Asks President Bush Why He Went to War

See User information
Jag såg denna presskonferansen eller speach to the nation lr vad det kallas. Satt och tittade på CNN..
I varje fråga grävde george bush ner sig i ett hål , och hittade inte ut igen.
Jag har alldrig sätt någon så inkompetent som bush att föra tal iaf att besvara frågor. Var gång han ska besvara så snurrar han bort sig själv och lyckas fantisera ihop en helt ny lögn, under hans väldigt långa
uhh...eh....umm... excuse me...umm eh....
t.ex "we were not the only one saying that iraq had weapons of massdestruction, The whole world did. "

Ursäkta?

Jag hade skämts som Amerikan och det tror jag många gör också men det är skandal helt enkelt.
Han fick även en fråga om USA ska dra tillbaka sina trupper från irak inte när utan "om", president bush svarade :
"eh..um... Thats for the future presidents to decide"
Vilket var nog det enda svaret med lite sanning i.

Man tycker ju att en docka som bush borde få mycket media träning, men problemet är att när han inte får svaren genom hörlurar/ sändare på ryggen, eller i de välskriva talen. Så är han körd.

I samma veva slog jag över till någon brittisk nyhetskanal, där Tony blair samtidigt höll sitt tal angående 3års dagen. Där är klasskillnad, Blair vet hur man talar, ett stort rövhål men han är duktig på att vara det.

Posted on: 2006/3/26 22:43

dvd-infobeställning banner längst ned.
Ikoner
Paypal
Stötta Vaken med en månatlig donation
Facebook
Gå även med i vår facebook-grupp och bli en av de över 15 000 som diskuterar där.
Login
Annonsorer och reklam
Annonser:

Annonsorer och reklam 2

Creeper MediaCreeper